- 3 cups (750 mL)CATELLI SMARTÂ® ROTINI
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 chopped small onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light herb and garlic whipped cream cheese
- Â 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white wine or sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese or Provolone
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest (optional)
Cook the rotini according to package directions. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
Stir the cream cheese, milk and wine into the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Stir the cooked pasta, Provolone, Parmesan and lemon zest into the sauce until combined. Smooth the top.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and basil evenly over the skillet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.