|Tips||Substitute grilled chicken for shrimps, if desired.|
|If you like blue cheese, substitute creamy blue cheese dressing for the ranch dressing.|
Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; transfer to large bowl.
Toss cold pasta with tomatoes, ranch dressing, Cheddar cheese, onion, red pepper, dill, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Toss pasta salad with lettuce, avocado and bacon just before serving. Serve with chicken and hard-cooked eggs arranged on top.
- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLI BISTROÂ® PENNE
- halved cherry tomatoes 2 cups (500mL)
- prepared ranch dressing 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- cubed cheddar cheese 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- sliced red onion 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- red pepper, cored and diced 1
- chopped fresh dill 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- each salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
- chopped iceberg lettuce 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- avocado, diced 1
- cooked bacon, crumbled 4 slices
- grilled chicken breasts (about 8 small), sliced 2 lb (1 kg)
- hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered 4