Preheat oven to 350Â°F. If using canned black beans, rinse thoroughly.
Cook Catelli SmartÂ® macaroni according to package to firm tenderness.
Combine cooked pasta, kale, mozzarella, parmesan, pasta sauce, black beans, oregano and basil together in a mixing bowl, reserving Â½ cup mozzarella and Â¼ cup parmesan on the side.
Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the egg whites.
Lightly spray a large oven-proof, non-stick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Add the pasta mixture and press to distribute evenly.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle with the reserved cheeses. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
While the pasta dish is cooling, toss side salad ingredients together.
Using a bread knife, carefully cut the pasta dish into wedges. Transfer to plates and serve with salad.
- 1 PKG (375 G)Catelli SmartÂ® macaroni
- kale leaves, shredded 3 cups (200 g)
- skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded 2 cups (225 g)
- grated parmesan cheese 1 cup (100 g)
- Catelli Garden Select Diced Tomato & Basil pasta sauce 3 cups (750 ml)
- black beans, fresh cooked or canned 2 cups (345 g)
- dried oregano 1 tsp (5 g)
- basil leaves, chopped 6
- egg whites 4
- salt and pepper to taste
- Side Salad
- baby arugula 2 cups (40 g)
- small head fennel, thinly sliced 1
- small red beet, peeled and thinly sliced 1
- small yellow beet, peeled and thinly sliced 1
- salad dressing of your choice Â¼ cup (60 ml)