|Tip||If you cannot find gai lan or yu choi, use broccoli instead.|
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Transfer pasta to a serving dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Tamari sauce, tahini sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and chili flakes. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add dried peppers and peppercorns. Cook for one minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the peppers. Remove and discard.
Add garlic and preserved vegetables. Cook for two minutes. Add ground turkey, Tamari sauce and vinegar. Stir-fry until meat is browned and no longer pink. Add the turkey to the sauce and mix so everything is evenly distributed.
Gently steam the green vegetables in a steamer or large pot of boiling water. Add ½ tsp of sesame oil to enhance the flavour and brighten the vegetables.
Spoon the cooked meat mixture over the pasta with the steamed vegetables. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top (optional). Serve immediately.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI® GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI
- sesame oil 1 tbsp
- dried chili peppers (preferably Sichuan dried peppers*), split in half and discard seeds 3
- whole peppercorns (preferably Sichuan whole peppers*) 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic 2 tsp
- chopped Sichuan preserved vegetable* (optional) 1/4 cup
- ground turkey 1 lb
- Tamari sauce 2 tsp
- rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped (optional) 1 handful
- Chinese green vegetables such as gai lan or yu choi A couple handful
- olive oil 2 tbsp
- Tamari sauce 2 tbsp
- tahini sauce 4 tsp
- rice wine vinegar 1 tsp
- chili flakes (add more if you want it more spicy) 1 tsp