Avoid all contact between the raw chicken and the vinaigrette mixture for the salad.
For a richer flavour, sprinkle with cooked bacon pieces.
Whisk balsamic vinegar with oil, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Measure 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette and brush the chicken. Mix peppers with an additional 2 tbsp (30 mL) of vinaigrette.
Preheat grill to medium. Add chicken and grill, turning once, for 15 minutes or until well cooked and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F (74°C). Meanwhile, add peppers and grill for 12 minutes or until tender. Chop chicken and vegetables finely.
Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Mix hot macaroni with chicken, peppers, tomatoes, green onions and remaining vinaigrette until all combined. Sprinkle with cheese (optional). Serve hot.
- Catelli Gluten Free Macaroni 1 pkg (340 g)
- each balsamic vinegar and canola oil 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- gluten-free smoked barbecue sauce 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- maple syrup 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- gluten-free Dijon mustard 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- cloves garlic, chopped 2
- each salt and pepper 3/4 tsp (4 mL)
- boneless skinless chicken breasts 2
- each large red and yellow pepper, quartered 1
- each chopped tomatoes and green onion 1 cup (250 mL)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)