Preheat oven to 350F. Toss butternut squash with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of canola oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Mash with a fork.
In a small pan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir to form a smooth paste.
Heat milk in a separate pan. Once hot, but not boiling, pour mixture into the butter and flour paste. Stir constantly with a whisk over low heat until sauce thickens. Tip: If it tastes like flour continue to cook.
Spread one quarter of béchamel sauce on bottom of a 12×12 inch oven safe dish.
Layer with lasagne noodles then butternut squash, cheese and more béchamel sauce. Repeat layering two more times. Ensure lasagne noodles are completely covered in sauce and do not overlap for best results.
Cover with aluminum foil. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, remove foil and cook another 10 minutes.
- 8 sheets Catelli® Gluten Free Lasagne
- Butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes 2 cups (500 mL)
- Canola oil 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- Unsalted butter 4 tbsp (60 mL)
- Gluten free flour 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- Hot milk 2 cups (500 mL)
- Gruyere, shredded 2 cups (500 mL)
- Grated Parmesan 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Bechamel sauce 2 cups (500 mL)
- Salt and pepper to taste