|Tips||This recipe makes enough sauce for 6 portions. Leftover sauce can be reserved, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.|
|For a more traditional Bolognese, add 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk to the sauce along with the tomatoes and wine.|
|Replace the turkey with lean ground beef, veal or pork.|
Brown turkey with onion, celery, carrot, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
Stir in the tomatoes and wine. Simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Spoon sauce over the penne. Garnish with parsley and serve with Parmesan cheese (if desired).
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLIÂ® GLUTEN FREE PENNE
- lean ground turkey 1 lb (500 g)
- each onion, celery stalk and carrot, finely chopped 1
- cloves garlic, minced 4
- Italian seasoning herb blend 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- each salt and pepper (approx.) 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- crushed tomatoes 1 can (796 mL)
- white wine or sodium reduced chicken broth 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese To taste