Substitute large scallops for the shrimp.
|Substitute sliced grilled chicken for the shrimp; stir in with the hot pasta.|
- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLIÂ® HEALTHY HARVESTÂ® WHOLE WHEAT LINGUINE
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) fat free evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- Pinch each salt and cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g) peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded partly-skimmed mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) chopped fresh parsley leaves
Prepare linguine according to package directions. Drain well.
Meanwhile, whisk the evaporated milk with the flour, pepper, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper until smooth; set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the shrimp and garlic; sauté until shrimp is just pink. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
Pour the milk mixture into the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and thickened. Whisk in the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in the hot linguine, shrimp and parsley; toss until well-coated. Serve immediately with remaining Parmesan to sprinkle at the table.