Hearty, Healthy Autumn GoodnessSweet pears and beets meet savoury meatballs and herbs in this easy-to-make crowd pleaser.
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Slice orange into 6 slices and place on bottom of roasting pan. Place beets in roasting pan directly over the orange and cover evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour or until beets are tender. Discard the oranges.
Allow beets to cool. Use a clean cloth and rub the beets until the skin peels off easily. Cut each beet into wedges and place in blender with water and goat cheese. Blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Place in a pot on low heat to keep warm.
Place pear on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and allspice. Bake at 375ºF for 10-15 minutes.
Place ground turkey in large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, parsley, mint and egg and mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, combine milk with bread crumbs. Add to bowl with meat and seasonings and mix together. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
Place cooked meatballs into pot with hot roasted golden beet and goat cheese sauce. Fold in cooked pasta. Portion into four bowls and top with roasted pears and garnish with chopped fresh mint and parsley.
- 1 PKG(500G)Catelli® Tortiglioni
- orange 1
- yellow beets, washed 3 medium
- olive oil 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- kosher salt 1 1/4 tbsp (6 g)
- water 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- goat cheese 1 cup (250 g)
- pear, peeled, cored and diced 1
- olive oil 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- ground coriander 1/2 tsp (2.5 g)
- cumin 1/2 tsp (2.5 g)
- cinnamon 1/4 tsp (1.2 g)
- ginger, grated 1 tsp (5 g)
- allspice 1/8 tsp (.6 g)
- Turkey Meatballs
- ground turkey 1 lb
- sea salt 1/2 tsp (2.5 g)
- ground black pepper 1/2 tsp (2.5 g)
- chili flakes 1/4 tsp (1.2 g)
- ground cumin 1/2 tsp (2.5 g)
- chopped flat leaf parsley, divided 1/2 cup (15 g)
- chopped fresh mint, divided 1/2 cup (15 g)
- egg 1
- white bread crumbs 1/2 cup (60 g)
- milk 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp of the chopped parsley and mint for garnish Garniture