This speedy pasta toss can be made with any of your favourite Catelli® SmartTM pasta cuts.
- 1 pkg(375 g)CATELLI SMART® SPAGHETTI
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 lb (250 g) sliced smoked salmon
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) thawed, frozen peas
- 3 oz (90 g) creamy goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper and finely grated lemon zest
- Optional Dill sprigs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers (optional)
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well; reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, stir the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in the microwave for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
Tear the salmon slices into bite-sized pieces. Place the smoked salmon, red onion, fresh dill, capers (if using), peas, pepper and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the hot, cooked spaghetti and toss to combine. Toss with the olive oil mixture and enough reserved pasta water to moisten as needed.
Transfer the pasta to a shallow serving bowl and sprinkle with the crumbled Goat cheese. Garnish with additional dill sprigs.