This speedy pasta toss can be made with any of your favourite Catelli® SmartTM pasta cuts.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well; reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, stir the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in the microwave for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
Tear the salmon slices into bite-sized pieces. Place the smoked salmon, red onion, fresh dill, capers (if using), peas, pepper and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the hot, cooked spaghetti and toss to combine. Toss with the olive oil mixture and enough reserved pasta water to moisten as needed.
Transfer the pasta to a shallow serving bowl and sprinkle with the crumbled Goat cheese. Garnish with additional dill sprigs.
- 1 pkg(375 g)CATELLI SMART® SPAGHETTI
- olive oil 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- lemon juice 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- minced garlic clove 1
- sliced smoked salmon 1/2 lb (250 g)
- thinly sliced red onion 1 cup (250 mL)
- chopped fresh dill 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- thawed, frozen peas 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- creamy goat or feta cheese, crumbled 3 oz (90 g)
- black pepper and finely grated lemon zest 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Dill sprigs Optional
- capers (optional) 2 tbsp (30 mL)