|Tips||Make your own garlic-flavoured canola oil by gently warming 1/4 cup (50 mL) oil with 2 lightly crushed cloves garlic until fragrant. Strain out cloves and use oil within 1 day. (Additional flavours such as herbs and hot pepper flakes can also be added to taste.)|
|Replace the salmon with your favourite fish such as rainbow trout, cod, or tilapia (adjust the cooking time as needed).|
Preheat oven to 425°F (200°C). Arrange salmon on a baking sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) flavoured oil and season with half the salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a knife.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
Finely grate zest from lemon. Toss warm pasta and asparagus with tomatoes, herbs, radishes, green onion, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper.
Cut zested lemon in half. Squeeze one lemon half and drizzle remaining oil over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to bowls and top each portion with salmon. Squeeze remaining lemon half over salmon fillets before serving.
- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLIÂ® HEALTHY HARVESTÂ® WHOLE WHEAT SPAGHETTI
- boneless, skinless salmon fillets (about 4 oz/125 g each) 4
- garlic-flavoured canola oil (see tip), divided 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- each salt and pepper, divided 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces 1 bunch
- lemon 1
- cherry tomatoes, halved 2 cups (500 mL)
- chopped mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, dill and/or tarragon 1 cup (250 mL)
- thinly sliced radishes 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- green onions, chopped 2