- 1 pkg (375 g) CATELLI SMART® Fettucine
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 each onion and garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) each finely chopped red pepper, celery and cucumber
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and freshly ground pepper (approx.)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (5.5 oz/156 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add seasoning, beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, crumbling beef, for 10 minutes or until well browned.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
Serve over hot, cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.