|Tip||Omit wine and substitute with chicken broth, if desired. Saffron threads can be found at most supermarkets in the spice aisle.|
Étapes de cuisson
Scrub clams. Discard any clams with cracked shells and that do not close when tapped.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook chorizo, onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add white wine and saffron; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add little neck clams. Cover and cook clams for 5 to 7 minutes or until they start to open. Stir in shrimp, red peppers and peas. Simmer, uncovered, until shrimp is cooked through and clamsare fully open. Stir in parsley. Discard any clams that do not open.
Serve spaghetti with paella overtop.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLIÂ® GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI
- olive oil 2 tbsp (30mL)
- sliced cured chorizo sausage 1 cup (250 mL)
- small onion, finely chopped 1
- cloves garlic, minced 3
- dry white wine 1/2 cup(125 mL)
- saffron threads Pinch
- diced tomatoes 1 can (398 mL)
- little neck clams 1 lb(500 g)
- peeled and deveined medium shrimp 1 lb(500 g)
- salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each:
- chopped roasted red pepper 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- frozen peas 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- finely chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup (60 mL)