|Tips||Add extra protein by tossing in chopped cooked ham, shrimp or chicken with the pesto and vegetables.|
|Replace Romano cheese with Parmesan cheese.|
|To toast almonds, spread evenly in a nonstick skillet set over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden and fragrant.|
Étapes de cuisson
Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes; reserve 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooking water before draining.
Combine blanched broccoli, parsley, half the almonds and the garlic in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly pour in 1/2 cup (125 mL) reserved cooking water and the olive oil until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper (adjust seasonings to taste).
Meanwhile, cook vermicelli according to package directions.
Toss pesto and up to 1 cup (250 mL) remaining cooking water with hot, cooked vermicelli. Add roasted red peppers, tomatoes and cheese and toss to combine. Garnish with remaining toasted almonds.
- 1 PKG (375 G)CATELLI SMART VERMICELLI
- broccoli florets 4 cups (1 L)
- fresh parsley leaves 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- slivered toasted almonds, divided 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- cloves garlic, minced 2
- extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each
- drained, sliced roasted red peppers 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- halved yellow or red grape tomatoes 1 cup (250 mL)
- grated Romano cheese 1/2 cup (125 mL)