For households who prefer hotdogs to burgers, 2 cups (500 mL) of chopped wieners can substitute the meatballs.
- 2 cups (500 mL)CATELLI SMARTÂ® MACARONI
- 1 can (540 mL) seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweet green relish
- 2 tsp (10 mL) yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen prepared meatballs (about 16)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light sour cream
Stir the diced tomatoes and their juices with the ketchup, onion, relish, mustard, salt and pepper in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain well.
Stir the hot pasta into the tomato sauce. Stir in the sour cream until combined. Adding a handful at a time, stir in the Cheddar until melted.