Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) of cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and slightly softened.
Stir in wine; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until half of the liquid evaporates. Stir in cream; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add reserved pasta and cooking liquid, and half of the Parmesan cheese to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce clings to pasta. Stir in chives. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Tip: Use regular, cremini or a medley of mushrooms as desired.
- Catelli® Classic Linguine 1 pkg (500 g)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1 lb (500 g)
- Each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Butter 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Sliced mushrooms 8 oz (250 g)
- Cloves garlic, minced 3
- Dry white wine 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- 35% whipping cream 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, divided 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Finely chopped fresh chives 2 tbsp (30 mL)