- 1 PKG (340 G) Catelli Smart Veggie Spaghetti
- 2 cups (500 mL) each 2% milk and sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli spears
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) ham steak, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese (approx.)
Bring milk, broth and garlic to a gentle simmer in a large, deep, skillet set over medium heat.
Break spaghetti noodles in half. Add uncooked spaghetti, broccoli, red pepper, ham and pepper to skillet. Cook, tossing often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquids are absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Serve pasta immediately, with extra cheese (if desired).
– Replace the broccoli with asparagus tips or cauliflower florets.
– Replace the ham with sliced cooked chicken breast.
– Grate some fresh nutmeg over each serving for a rich flavour accent reminiscent of Alfredo sauce.