|Tips||Replace the broccoli with asparagus tips or cauliflower florets.|
|Replace the ham with sliced cooked chicken breast.|
|Grate some fresh nutmeg over each serving for a rich flavour accent reminiscent of Alfredo sauce.|
Bring milk, broth and garlic to a gentle simmer in a large, deep, skillet set over medium heat.
Break spaghetti noodles in half. Add uncooked spaghetti, broccoli, red pepper, ham andpepper to skillet. Cook, tossing often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquids are absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Serve pasta immediately, with extracheese (if desired).
- 1 PKG (340 G) CATELLI Smart Veggie Spaghetti
- each 2% milk and sodium-reduced chicken broth 2 cups (500 mL)
- cloves garlic, minced 3
- broccoli spears 3 cups (750 mL)
- small red pepper, thinly sliced 1
- ham steak, thinly sliced 1 cup (250 mL)
- grated Parmesan cheese (approx.) 1/3 cup (75 mL)