Easy Alfredo with Peas
- 1 pkg. (375 g) Catelli Smart Spaghetti
- 375 mL whipping cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) peas, fresh (or frozen optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
Add 4 litres of water to a pot and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt to water. Bring to a boil.
Heat a large pot or frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes to slightly thicken. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add peas to the hot cream and return to a simmer. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the hot sauce.
Add Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and sliced green onions and bring to a simmer. Adjust salt to taste and serve at once.