Add 4 litres of water to a pot and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt to water. Bring to a boil.
Heat a large pot or frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes to slightly thicken. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add peas to the hot cream and return to a simmer. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the hot sauce.
Add Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and sliced green onions and bring to a simmer. Adjust salt to taste and serve at once.
- 1 pkg. (375 g)Catelli SmartÂ® Spaghetti
- whipping cream 375 mL
- peas, fresh (or frozen optional) 2 cups (500 mL)
- shredded parmesan cheese 1 cup (250 mL)
- green onions, thinly sliced 1/3 cup (80 mL)
- ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp (3 mL)
- salt to taste