Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add pepper and corn; sauté for 8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare macaroni according to package directions for al denté. Measure out and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water before draining.
Add hot cooked macaroni, reserved pasta water and cheese to the skillet; cook stirring, until melted and saucy. Stir in green onions. Spoon into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream (if using).
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI Smart Veggieâ¢ Macaroni
- mild Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled 2
- orange pepper, diced 1
- frozen corn 1 cup (250 mL)
- diced tomatoes 1 can (28 oz/796 mL)
- lightly packed shredded Cheddar cheese 2 cups (500 mL)
- green onions, chopped 4
- Sour cream (optional)