|Tips||Replace the pork sausage with turkey sausage.|
|Make this a meatless dish by using black beans instead of sausage.|
|Replace the Cheddar cheese with shredded Gouda or Havarti.|
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI Smart Veggieâ¢ Macaroni
- 2 mild Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) lightly packed shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream (optional)
Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add pepper and corn; sauté for 8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare macaroni according to package directions for al denté. Measure out and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water before draining.
Add hot cooked macaroni, reserved pasta water and cheese to the skillet; cook stirring, until melted and saucy. Stir in green onions. Spoon into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream (if using).