- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli Smart Veggie Macaroni
- 2 Mild Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 Orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Frozen corn
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) Diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) Lightly packed shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- Sour cream (optional)
Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add pepper and corn; sauté for 8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare macaroni according to package directions for al denté. Measure out and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water before draining.
Add hot cooked macaroni, reserved pasta water and cheese to the skillet; cook stirring, until melted and saucy. Stir in green onions. Spoon into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream (if using).