Tried & True Pasta PerfectionWith minimal time to prepare, this new take on a classic Bolognese ensures ample time to enjoy the company of friends and family while the flavourful sauce reduces to perfection. It also adds some French Canadian flare with fresh, locally sourced Quebec ground veal.
In a large pot over medium heat, add ground veal and cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain using a colander to remove fat. Reserve meat.
Add canola oil and white onion to pot, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot, cook for 1 minute. Add herbs, garlic, ground fennel and black pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
Deglaze by adding red wine and scraping bits off bottom of pot. Add cooked meat, cream, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and red wine vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for one hour. Stir every 5-10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
Cook rigatoni according to package instructions. Strain pasta and toss with sauce.
- 1 PKG(500 G)Catelli® Rigatoni 1boîte(500 G)
- Â ground veal 1 lb (500 g)
- white onion, diced 1
- canola oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- carrots, peeled and diced 2
- garlic cloves, minced 3
- fresh basil, chiffonade ½ cup (125 mL)
- chopped fresh thyme ½ cup (125 mL)
- ground fennel 1 tsp (5 mL)
- red wine ½ cup (125 mL)
- heavy cream ½ cup (125 mL)
- large can crushed San Marzano tomatoes 1
- tomato paste 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- black pepper 2 tsp (10 mL)
- red wine vinegar 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Pinch of white sugar