Dinner that Looks as Good as it TastesPurple cabbage and unique Gemelli pasta make this meal eye catching, but the combination of silky tofu, white wine and Parmesan cheese make it a treat for your taste buds as well.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast whole head of garlic in oven on sheet pan for 30 minutes. Once done, peel and roughly chop. Set aside.
Place prepared cabbage in a bowl with a strainer and run under cold water until water runs clear. Set aside.
Remove loose outer leaves of Brussels sprouts and set aside. Cross-hatch core of Brussels sprouts by cutting an “X” deep into the stem end of each sprout. Place cores and quartered mushrooms on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and prepare pasta according to package directions. Strain and cool under cold running water. Lightly toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Lightly brown tofu in frying pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine and simmer until wine is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Add cooked pasta, Brussels sprouts and mushrooms to frying pan. Sauté another 2-3 minutes. Add half of the grated parmesan, purple cabbage, Brussels sprout leaves and basil. Sauté 1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve in a large bowl and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and fresh basil.
- 1 PKG(500G)CatelliÂ® Gemelli
- garlic head 1
- purple cabbage, halved, cored and thinly sliced 1 cup (100 g)
- Brussels sprouts, stems removed 1/2 cup (50 g)
- cremini mushrooms, quartered 6 whole
- extra virgin olive oil, divided 3 tbsp (45 ml)
- firm tofu, cut into 2-centimetre cubes 1 cup (250 g)
- onion, diced 1/4 cup (40 g)
- white wine 2 cups (500 ml)
- freshly grated parmesan, divided 1/4 cup (20 g)
- fresh basil, roughly chopped and divided 1/4 cup (5 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan, fresh basil Garnish