Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Add the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the red pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the pasta sauce; simmer for 10 minutes. Toss the sauce mixture with the cooked fusilli, broccoli and basil leaves. Garnish with Asiago cheese (if using).
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI GLUTEN FREE FUSILLI
- broccoli florets 3 cups (750 mL)
- canola oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed 2
- each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- red pepper, chopped 1
- tomato and herb pasta sauce 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
- torn basil leaves 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Shredded Asiago cheese (optional)