Orange Chicken SpaghettiniInspired by the classic spinach & orange salad, this creamy spaghettini dish will make you feel like you are at a cozy bistro.
Heat oil in a large, deep, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Season chicken with half the salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a board; slice thinly
Add onion and peppers to skillet; stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Whisk chicken broth with whipping cream, Dijon, cornstarch and remaining salt and pepper. Stir into skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghettini according to package directions. Place spinach in colander; drain spaghettini over top.
Add spaghettini and spinach, sliced chicken, orange juice, orange zest and tarragon to skillet. Toss until well combined. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI® Spaghettini
- olive oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs 6
- each salt and pepper, divided 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- each red onion and red pepper, thinly sliced 1
- cloves garlic, minced 3
- chicken broth 1 cup (250 mL)
- 35% whipping cream 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Dijon mustard 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- cornstarch 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- baby spinach leaves 1 tub (142 g)
- large navel orange, zested and juiced 1
- finely chopped fresh tarragon or basil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- toasted slivered almonds 1/4 cup (60 mL)