Toss the tomatoes with the onion, basil, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
Cook the penne according to package directions. Drain well and toss with the reserved bruschetta mixture.
Toss mixture with olive oil and adjust seasonings before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® Whole Wheat Penne Rigate 1 pkg (375 g)
- chopped, ripe, on-the-vine tomatoes
- chopped sweet or white onion 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- loosely packed, chopped fresh basil leaves 1 cup (250 ml)
- loosely packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 ml)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped 4
- extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp (15 ml)