Prepare the penne according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the tomato and red pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the black beans, corn, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Add the hot drained pasta, reserved pasta water, green onions, coriander and cider vinegar.
Garnish with a little shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 1 box (375 g) CATELLI; HEALTHY HARVEST; WHOLE WHEAT PENNE
- Canola oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Diced ripe, on-the-vine tomatoes 3 cups (750 mL)
- Diced red pepper 1 cup (250 mL)
- Canned black beans, drained and rinsed 1 cup (250 mL)
- Frozen corn kernels 1 cup (250 mL)
- Cloves garlic, minced 2
- Ground cumin and dried oregano leaves 1 tbsp (15 mL) each
- Salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each
- Green onions, chopped 4
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Cider vinegar 3 tbsp (45 mL)