Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cook manicotti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Reserve 2 tsp (10 mL) parsley; set aside. Combine ricotta, 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Fold in 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella and remaining parsley; set aside.
Stir tomatoes with pesto. Spread half of the sauce in bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish.
Fill manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange snugly in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
Cover with foil; bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbling and top is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Tip: Substitute sun-dried tomato pesto or olive tapenade for basil pesto if desired.
- 1 pkg (225 g) Catelli® Classic Manicotti
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tub (475 g) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (680 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil pesto