Melt the butter over medium-low heat and slowly cook the sliced onions until golden brown and caramelized, then remove the onions from the pan.
Slowly cook the bacon in a pan until golden brown and crispy.Remove bacon and discard fat.
Cook half a box of Catelli® Capelli d’Angelo, or more if desired, according to the package directions.
While the pasta is still hot, toss it in a large oversized bowl with all ingredients (except the Parmesan cheese). Season heavily with kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper.
Serve family style or in individual bowls with lots of micro-grated Parmesan cheese and drizzled with extra olive oil. If you choose, finish with fresh sweet basil, crunchy Maldon salt and fresh olives.
- ½ pkg (180 g)CatelliÂ® Capelli dâAngelo
- unsalted butter 3 tbsp (40 g)
- thinly sliced sweet onions, such as Vidalia onions 1 cup (250 ml)
- breakfast bacon, sliced into 1 cm slices 8 strips
- large egg, beaten well 1
- extra virgin olive oil 4 tbsp (60ml)
- finely grated Parmesan Reggiano ½ cup (50 g)
- kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper to taste
- fresh sweet basil, crunchy Maldon salt and fresh olives Garnish (optional):