- ½ pkg (180 g) CatelliÂ® Capelli de Angelo
- 3 tbsp (40 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) thinly sliced sweet onions, such as Vidalia onions
- 8 strips breakfast bacon, sliced into 1 cm slices
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- 4 tbsp (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (50 g) finely grated Parmesan Reggiano
- kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): fresh sweet basil, crunchy Maldon salt and fresh olives
Melt the butter over medium-low heat and slowly cook the sliced onions until golden brown and caramelized, then remove the onions from the pan.
Slowly cook the bacon in a pan until golden brown and crispy.Remove bacon and discard fat.
Cook half a box of Catelli® Capelli d’Angelo, or more if desired, according to the package directions.
While the pasta is still hot, toss it in a large oversized bowl with all ingredients (except the Parmesan cheese). Season heavily with kosher salt and cracked fresh pepper.
Serve family style or in individual bowls with lots of micro-grated Parmesan cheese and drizzled with extra olive oil. If you choose, finish with fresh sweet basil, crunchy Maldon salt and fresh olives.