Bacon, Tomato & Spinach Fettuccine
Move over Bolognese - this boldly flavoured pasta has rich, meaty flavour and is quick to cook. Smokey bacon and tomato is a match made even better when paired with earthy, slurp-worthy spinach fettuccine.
- 1 PKG (375G) Catelli Infusions Spinach Fettuccine
- 6 Slices bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Each salt and pepper
- 1 Large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chopped fresh basil
Brown bacon in a large skillet set over medium heat until crisp; use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper-towel lined bowl. Set aside. Drain off all but 3 tbsp (45 mL) bacon fat from pan.
Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet; sauté for 2 minutes or just until fragrant. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until wilted.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water before draining.
Toss fettuccine, cooking water, reserved bacon and diced tomato into skillet to combine. Remove from heat and toss in basil