Freeze 250 mL (1 cup) portions to have on hand for a speedy heat-and-serve lunch.
Cook alphabets according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep skillet set over medium heat.
Add beef, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook, crumbling up the beef with a spoon until browned. Add tomatoes and ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in alphabets and Romano cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Catelli® Alphabets 1 pkg (375 g)
- Olive oil 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Extra lean ground beef 1 lb (500 g)
- Finely chopped onion 1
- Minced garlic cloves 2
- Dried Italian seasoning 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- Tomatoes 1 can (28 oz/796 mL)
- Ketchup 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Finely grated Romano or Parmesan cheese 3/4 cup (175 mL)