Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook grape tomatoes, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until starting to blister and caramelize slightly.
Stir in garlic, salt and pepper; cook for about 1 minute or until garlic is softened. Remove from heat. Stir in strained tomatoes, remaining oil and 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil.
Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce in bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise over top; spread evenly with one-quarter of the remaining sauce. Layer mozzarella evenly over top. Arrange half of the remaining noodles crosswise over top, cutting to fit if needed. Spread evenly with one-quarter of the sauce. Arrange remaining noodles lengthwise on top. Spread with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Tip: Substitute shredded regular mozzarella for fresh mozzarella cheese if preferred.
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli® Bistro® Infusions Lasagne
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Olive oil, divided
- 4 cups (1 L) Grape tomatoes
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Each salt and pepper
- 1 jar (680 g) Strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Grated Parmesan cheese