|Tips||Sharp Cheddar cheese spread is a creamy, spreadable cheese product sold in tubs in the dairy department.|
|When preparing chicken another night, poach two large chicken breasts in a little simmering chicken broth for about 12 to 15 minutes to have ready for this quick supper.|
|For a beefy macaroni, replace the chicken breast with 2 cups (500 mL) cooked, crumbled ground beef or cubed steak.|
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI Smart Veggieâ¢ Macaroni
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sharp cheddar cheese spread
- shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers, and chopped green onion (optional)
Prepare macaroni according to package directions for al denté. Drain well. Return hot macaroni to the pot and set over low heat. Stir in chicken, sour cream, salsa and cheese spread.
Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until sauce is smooth and coats pasta. Serve with garnishes (if using) to spoon onto bowls at the table.