Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly browned all over. Stir in sausage, tomato paste, onion, red pepper, garlic, paprika, smoked paprika, and saffron (if using); cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
Stir in wine; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in diced tomatoes and broth; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken and sausage are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
Add peas to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add pasta and parsley to skillet; toss until well coated.
Tip: Replace chicken with shrimp if desired
- Catelli® Classic Vermicelli 1 pkg (500 g)
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped 12 oz (375 g)
- Each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Cured chorizo sausage, chopped 8 oz (250 g)
- Tomato paste 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Onion, diced 1
- Red pepper, diced 1
- Cloves garlic, minced 3
- Paprika 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Smoked paprika 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Pinch saffron (optional)
- Dry white wine 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Diced tomatoes 1 can (398 mL)
- Sodium-reduced chicken broth 1 cup (250 mL)
- Frozen peas 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup (30 mL)