|Tip||Stir in 2 cups (500 mL) cooked sliced Asian-style BBQ pork, cubed chicken or peeled shrimp to make a meaty noodle dish.|
Cook spaghettini according to package directions.
Meanwhile, stir the chicken broth with the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry (if using), sesame oil, ginger, cornstarch and garlic until well combined. Reserve.
Heat the oil in a stir-fry skillet set over high heat. Add the red pepper and snap peas. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
Add bean sprouts and water chestnuts. Cook for 1 minute. Pour the sauce mixture into the skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until thickened.
Stir the hot pasta with the skillet mixture until well combined and heated through. Stir in the coriander or green onion. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if using).
- 1 pkg (375 g) CATELLI SMART SPAGHETTINI
- chicken broth 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- sodium reduced or light soy sauce 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- sesame oil and minced ginger 2 tsp (10 mL) each
- cornstarch 2 tsp (10 mL)
- minced garlic cloves 2
- vegetable oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- sliced red pepper 1
- sugar snap peas 2 cups (500 mL)
- bean sprouts 3 cups (750 mL)
- sliced water chestnuts 1 can (277 g)
- chopped coriander or green onions 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- hoisin sauce and dry sherry (optional) 2 tbsp (30 mL) each
- toasted sesame seeds Optional