Cook spaghettini according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large skillet set over medium heat. Stir-fry bok choy and peppers for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in tofu, curry paste, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until tofu is coated. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Add spaghettini and cooking water to skillet. Toss to combine. Transfer noodles and vegetables to serving bowls and spoon over the curry broth. Sprinkle with cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice just before serving.
Add more curry paste or hot pepper flakes to taste for a spicier curry. • Replace the red curry paste with yellow or green curry paste to taste. • The tofu can be replaced with cubed cooked chicken or small shrimp or omitted altogether if preferred. Per serving (1/4 recipe or 2 cups/500 mL): 520 calories, 22 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 840 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 6 g sugars, 30 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin C and iron. Good source of vitamin B6 and calcium.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI Spaghettini
- coconut or vegetable oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- chopped bok choy 6 cups (1.5 L)
- each red and orange pepper, sliced 1
- diced firm tofu 1 cup (250 mL)
- each Thai red curry paste and soy sauce 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- each minced garlic and ginger 2 tsp (10 mL)
- coconut milk 1 cup (250 mL)
- Chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges