|Tips||Replace spinach with baby arugula or kale.|
|Replace panko breadcrumbs with fresh breadcrumbs.|
Brown chicken in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir flour, thyme, salt and pepper into skillet. Stir in chicken broth, whipping cream and white wine. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir in spinach.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce in 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Top with 3 uncooked noodles, 1 cup (250 mL) sauce and 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with a final layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle evenly over the lasagne. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 12CATELLI EXPRESSÂ® Lasagne Noodles
- lean ground chicken or turkey 1 lb (500 g)
- chopped mixed mushrooms 4 cups (1 L)
- large onion, chopped 1
- cloves garlic, minced 3
- all-purpose flour 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- each dried thyme, salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- sodium-reduced chicken broth 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
- 35% whipping cream 1 cup (250 mL)
- white wine or white grape juice 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- baby spinach leaves 6 cups (1.5 L)
- Italian blend shredded cheese 3 cups (750 mL)
- panko bread crumbs 1 cup (250 mL)
- melted butter 1 tbsp (15 mL)