- 12 Catelli Express® Lasagne Noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean ground chicken or turkey
- 4 cups (1 L) Chopped mixed mushrooms
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Each dried thyme, salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) White wine or white grape juice
- 6 cups (1.5 L) Baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Melted butter
Brown chicken in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir flour, thyme, salt and pepper into skillet. Stir in chicken broth, whipping cream and white wine. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir in spinach.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce in 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Top with 3 uncooked noodles, 1 cup (250 mL) sauce and 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with a final layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle evenly over the lasagne. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Replace spinach with baby arugula or kale.
Replace panko breadcrumbs with fresh breadcrumbs.