Cook fusilli according to package instructions. Drain well.
Place ground beef in large deep skillet or saucepan; add onion and bell pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion is softened and ground beef is fully browned.
Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste or ketchup, sugar, Worchestershire sauce and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce mixture begins to boil. And salt and sugar to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add drained fusilli to the sauce, mix well, and heat through.
Quickly transfer half to a 4 quart (4.5 L) casserole dish, sprinkle one cup of cheese over top. Spoon remaining half over top. Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
Bake in a 375°F oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese on top has melted.
Remove from oven and serve at once.
- 1 pkg.(375 g)CatelliÂ® Healthy HarvestÂ® Fusilli
- large onion, chopped 1
- green bell pepper, chopped, optional 1
- ground beef 1 1/2 lb (750 g)
- garlic 3 cloves
- garlic powder 1 tsp (5 mL)
- crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- tomato sauce 1 2/3 cups (400 mL)
- tomato paste or ketchup 1/3 cup (80 mL)
- brown sugar 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Worcestershire sauce 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL)
- ground black pepper 1/2 tsp (3 mL)
- shredded mozzarella cheese 2-3 cups
- Salt to taste