A Hearty Meal Where You Won’t Even Miss the MeatFresh greens, toasted almonds, and creamy butternut squash make this hearty vegetarian fare the perfect dish to lure your friends over for dinner.
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Season Swiss chard with combined mixture of a third of the olive oil, chili, 1 clove of garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until the edges of Swiss Chard begin to char. Remove from heat, cool and cut into 1-inch pieces on an angle.
Sauté the remaining garlic clove in one third of the olive oil on medium heat until lightly coloured. Add the puréed butternut squash and warm through. Season with salt and pepper, and add Pecorino to taste. Stir until the cheese is combined. Keep warm.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain but reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water.
Cook the shallots in the remaining olive oil, without browning. Add the chard, white beans, parsley, capers and pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooking water to keep moist.
To serve, place a spoonful of the puréed butternut squash mixture into a serving bowl, top with the pasta and finish with almonds and shaved Pecorino.
- 1 PKG(340G)CatelliÂ® Ancient Grains Fusilli
- Swiss chard heads 2
- extra virgin olive oil 2/3 cup (160 ml)
- chili, sliced 1
- garlic cloves, minced and divided 2
- purÃ©ed butternut squash 3 1/2 oz (100 ml)
- Pecorino cheese, grated 1/4 cup (25 g)
- shallots, minced 3
- white beans, cooked 1/2 cup (110 g)
- Italian parsley, chopped 1/4 cup (5 g)
- capers, roughly chopped 1/3 cup (60 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved Pecorino cheese, chopped and toasted almonds Garnish