- 1 PKG (500 G) Catelli Gemelli
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Finely diced pancetta or bacon
- 1 Finely chopped large onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) Frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Water
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) Dried crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Chopped fresh parsley or basil (approx.)
Cook gemelli according to package directions.
Heat oil in a skillet set over medium heat, sauté pancetta for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion; sauté until tender.
Add peas, water, red pepper flakes and parsley; continue cooking until peas are tender and heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss hot gemelli with pea mixture. Sprinkle with additional parsley, if desired.