Cook gemelli according to package directions.
Heat oil in a skillet set over medium heat, sauté pancetta for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion; sauté until tender.
Add peas, water, red pepper flakes and parsley; continue cooking until peas are tender and heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss hot gemelli with pea mixture. Sprinkle with additional parsley, if desired.
- 1 PKG (500 G)CATELLIÂ® GEMELLI
- olive oil 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- finely diced pancetta or bacon 2/3 cup (150 mL)
- finely chopped large onion 1
- frozen peas, thawed 2 cups (500 mL)
- water 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- dried crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste) 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL)
- chopped fresh parsley or basil (approx.) 1/4 cup (50 mL)