Serve alongside grilled chicken or fish such as salmon or trout.
This salad can be made ahead and reserved for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. If making ahead, reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the dressing and add just before serving to moisten the salad.
For an equally delicious salad, replace the soy sauce with miso paste. Another gluten free option, miso paste (or fermented soy paste) is often found at the fresh sushi counter located in the produce department of many supermarkets.
Replace the granulated sugar with honey if preferred.
Cook macaroni according to package directions for 7 minutes; add edamame during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool.
Meanwhile, whisk vinegar with sugar, water, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved; whisk in oil.
Toss macaroni and edamame with red pepper, cucumber, cabbage, carrot, green onion and dressing mixture to combine. Serve immediately.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI GLUTEN FREE MACARONI
- frozen edamame 2 cups (500 mL)
- rice vinegar 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- each granulated sugar and water 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- gluten-free soy sauce 4 tsp (20 mL)
- minced fresh ginger 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- canola oil 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- each diced red pepper and cucumber 1 cup (250 mL)
- each shredded Napa or Chinese cabbage and carrot 1 cup (250 mL)
- chopped green onions 1/2 cup (125 mL)