Heat oven to 375˚F (190°C). In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook beef with salt and pepper for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove beef from heat and drain. Stir in pasta sauce and water. In a bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, basil and oregano.
Spread 1 cup (250 mL) meat sauce in bottom of 13 x 9 inch (3.5 L) greased baking dish.
Place 4 pieces uncooked noodles 2 x 2 over sauce; pieces should not overlap.
Spread half of ricotta mixture (about 1 cup/250 mL) evenly over noodles. Spread 1 cup (250 mL) meat sauce evenly over ricotta mixture to cover noodles; sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 then top with remaining noodles and meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- 12 pieces Catelli® Gluten Free Lasagne
- olive oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- salt and pepper 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each:
- ground beef 1 lb (500 g)
- pasta sauce 3 cups (750 mL)
- warm water 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- ricotta cheese 1 tub (475 g)
- lightly beaten 1 egg
- dried basil and oregano 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each
- shredded mozzarella cheese 4 cups (1 L)
- grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup (60 mL)