|Tips||For the best flavour, use a good quality can of tomatoes such as San Marsano. Whole or diced tomatoes can be used.|
|Regular paprika can be used instead of smoked paprika.|
|For a creamy version, stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream along with the peas.|
|Replace the peas with 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach.|
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLIÂ® GLUTEN FREE FUSILLI
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each smoked paprika, brown sugar and red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each chopped onion and yellow pepper
- 1 can (796 mL) tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
Cook fusilli according to package directions.
Meanwhile, blend paprika with sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss with chicken to coat; set aside. Heat oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; sauté for 2 minutes.
Add chicken; sauté for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas until heated through. Serve over hot cooked fusilli.