|Tip||Omit wine and substitute with more broth, if desired.|
Cook penne according to package directions. Reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) pasta water; drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic with salt and pepper for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in white wine and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add diced tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until creamy and thick.
Stir in pasta, reserve pasta water, capers and chives. Toss to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLIÂ® GLUTEN FREE PENNE
- butter 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- small onion, finely chopped 1
- cloves garlic, minced 2
- salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each:
- tomato paste 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- white wine 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- reduced sodium chicken broth 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- canned diced tomatoes 1 1/4 cup (300 mL)
- 35% whipping cream 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- capers, drained 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- finely chopped fresh chives 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Grated Parmesan cheese