- 1/2 pkg (375 g) Catelli Tricolour® Rotini
- PAM® Olive oil or PAM® Original
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Italian seasonings chunky stewed tomatoes
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, gills removed (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs
- PAM® Grilling for Grill Spray
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes (1-inch/2.5 cm)
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 16 chunks
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper; spray with PAM® Olive oil or PAM® Original. Grill mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and tender. Let cool slightly and slice.
Cook Catelli Bistro® Rotini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking water.
Meanwhile, in large, deep skillet, heat Aylmer® Accents® Italian Seasonings Chunky Stewed Tomatoes over medium heat until simmering. Simmer for 10 minutes. Toss with reserved cooking water, rotini and sliced mushrooms. Top with goat cheese and parsley before serving.
Start to Prepare the Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs. Spray grate of outdoor grill with PAM® Grilling for Grill Spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Evenly thread chicken, red pepper, green pepper and onion onto 8 skewers. Brush each skewer with VH® Honey Garlic Sauce.
Grill kabobs, turning occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- The strips of Portobello mushrooms are edible, but when cooked, they produce an unappetizing brown liquid.
- Remove them with a spoon and discard them before grilling the mushrooms.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes first.
- You can replace the chicken with pork tenderloin if you wish.