|Tip||You can use leftover chicken instead of the ham, or fresh rosemary instead of the basil.|
Cook the Catelli® Bistro® Tri-Coloured Fusilli according to directions on box, 7 minutes.
While your pasta is cooking, sautÃ© olive oil, onions and ham in a large non-stick heavy bottom fry pan over med/high heat for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Add asparagus and sweet peas. SautÃ© for 2 minutes and then stir in evaporated milk, just until milk is warm (approximately 2 minutes).
Strain hot water off pasta in a strainer/colander in the sink. Do not rinse. Add hot, drained pasta to ham, asparagus and pea mixture.
Stir in chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Ingredients 1 Pkg (375g)CATELLI® BISTRO® TRI-COLOURED FUSILLI
- Double smoked ham, cut into small cubes 1 cup (240 ml)
- onion, finely diced 1 cup (240 ml)
- sweet peas, fresh or frozen 1 cup (240 ml)
- fresh asparagus, cut into bite size pieces 1 cup (240 ml)
- evaporated skim milk 1 can (370 ml)
- extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- fresh basil, finely chopped 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- salt and pepper To Taste