- 1 pkg (375 g)Catelli® Capelli d'Angelo
- 1 bunch kale leaves, torn away from the stem
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp(15 g) parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp(1.25 g) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 g) pepper
- 4 slices bacon, thick cut
- 20 (1 kg) jumbo shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 6 tbsp(85 g) butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 4 pods roasted garlic
- ½ cup (125 ml) rapini cut into 1 inch pieces, leaves and all
- ¼ tsp(1.25 g) red pepper, crushed
- ¼ tsp(1.25 g) cayenne pepper
- 2 cups(400 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 tbsp (22.5 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (5 g) fresh basil or parsley or a mixture of both, chopped
- Garnish: Grated parmesan cheese to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to coat with your hands and massage kale for about one minute. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, tossing once or twice while cooking, until crispy.
Bring pasta water to a boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
While the kale is cooking and the water comes to a boil, start working on the bacon. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and set aside on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, roughly chop the bacon. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon fat.
To prepare the shrimps, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring the skillet used for bacon back to medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add one tablespoon of butter and swirl to coat. Place the shrimps in the pan and sear for two minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
To the same skillet, add another tablespoon of butter. Add the garlic and rapini and cook for 30 seconds.Add the diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for two minutes, toss in the pasta and continue cooking until the pasta is warmed through. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss the pasta to mix.
Remove the pasta from the heat, drizzle with lemon juice and toss well. Add in the crispy kale.
Divide the pasta among plates or bowls. Top each plate with shrimp and a sprinkle of chopped basil. Drizzle with truffle oil and top with the crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese.