Grate apple on a box grater into a large bowl. Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes (if using) until well-combined. Stir in steak and onions. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large wok or skillet set over medium high heat. Add broccoli, cabbage and carrots and stir-fry until tender-crisp. Remove to bowl. Add remaining oil to wok.
Use tongs to remove beef and onions from marinade to wok (reserving marinade in bowl). Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown.
Add hot spaghetti, stir-fried vegetables and reserved marinade. Cook, tossing, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the skillet mixture is saucy and hot throughout. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if using)
• Par-freeze the round steak for 20 to 30 minutes to make it easier to slice, or buy the pre-sliced beef for Asian hot pots (fondue) available in your freezer section.
• Shortcut the vegetable preparation by using 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli or kale slaw instead of the chopped vegetables.
• Increase hot pepper flakes to taste for a spicier noodle bowl.
Per serving (1/4 recipe or 2 cups/500 mL): 580 calories, 15 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 570 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrates, 7 g fibre, 19 g sugars, 33 g protein.
Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12 and zinc.
Good source of thiamin and riboflavin.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI Smart Spaghetti
- Small apple 1
- Sodium-reduced soy sauce 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Each packed brown sugar and rice wine or sherry 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Each toasted sesame oil and minced garlic 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- Minced fresh ginger 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Round steak, very thinly sliced 8 oz (250 g)
- Large onion, thinly sliced 1
- Vegetable oil, divided 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Each broccoli spears, shredded cabbage and thinly sliced carrots 2 cups (500 mL)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped. Garniture
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lentil Meatballs
- Extra virgin olive oil Â 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- Garlic cloves, minced 5
- Shallots, minced 1/2 cup (50 g)
- Lentils, cooked and cooled 2 cups (400 g)
- Tomato paste 1 tsbp (15 ml)
- Eggs 2
- Fresh basil leaves 1/2 cup (15 g)
- Fresh tarragon leaves 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- Dried oregano 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml)
- Flat leaf parsley 1/2 cup (15 g)
- Asiago cheese, grated 1/2 cup (50 g)