- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLIÂ® HEALTHY HARVESTÂ® WHOLE WHEAT LINGUINE
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1/4 lb (125 g) smoked bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh sage leaves, or to taste
- 1/2 lb (250 g) baby spinach leaves
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- To taste grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chicken stock and sage; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach just wilts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss linguine with sauce and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (if using).