Cook linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, bring tomatoes with can juices, white wine, garlic and hot pepper flakes to a boil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir in clams, basil and vinegar. Cook until warmed through; remove from heat. Toss sauce with hot linguine. Garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste.
- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLI SMART® LINGUINE
- diced tomatoes 1 can (796 mL)
- dry white wine or bottled clam juice 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- each minced garlic and hot pepper flakes 1 tsp (5 mL)
- baby clams, drained 1 can (398 mL)
- finely chopped fresh basil leaves 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- balsamic vinegar 2
- shaved Parmesan cheese Optional