Easy & Local UniteThis simple and flavourful pasta dish offers a nice twist on traditional pesto with locally sourced walnuts and Valbert cheese from the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region. Made with baby arugula, garlic and olive oil, this recipe can easily be whipped up for family and friends to enjoy.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
In a food processor, grind walnuts at high speed with garlic and olive oil until attaining a homogenous consistency. Add grated Valbert cheese and season to taste. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap.
In a non-stick pan, reheat pasta in a small amount of water. When hot, add walnut pesto until noodles are well coated.
Add baby arugula or amaranth leaves and mix until cooked. Serve immediately.
- 1 PKG(340 G)CatelliÂ® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
- walnuts 1Â½Â cups (375 g)
- Valbert cheese Â¾ cup (185 g)
- garlic clove 1
- olive oil 6 Â½ tbsp (100 mL)
- baby arugula or amaranth leaves 1 pack (approximately 450 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste