Easy & Local UniteThis simple and flavourful pasta dish offers a nice twist on traditional pesto with locally sourced walnuts and Valbert cheese from the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region. Made with baby arugula, garlic and olive oil, this recipe can easily be whipped up for family and friends to enjoy.
- 1 PKG(340 G)CatelliÂ® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
- 1Â½Â cups (375 g) walnuts
- Â¾ cup (185 g) Valbert cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 Â½ tbsp (100 mL) olive oil
- 1 pack (approximately 450 g) baby arugula or amaranth leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
In a food processor, grind walnuts at high speed with garlic and olive oil until attaining a homogenous consistency. Add grated Valbert cheese and season to taste. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap.
In a non-stick pan, reheat pasta in a small amount of water. When hot, add walnut pesto until noodles are well coated.
Add baby arugula or amaranth leaves and mix until cooked. Serve immediately.